- Learn strategies that meet students where they are and lead them to where they need to be
- Capture attention, promote deeper learning, & engage students’ emotions
- Rediscover the power of storytelling to draw students in
- Gain tools to keep students on their toes & increase self-efficacy
- Tap into intrinsic motivations by connecting to student interests
- Use movement to generate and maintain positive feelings about learning
Make the connection between differentiated instruction and student engagement and motivation
- Clarify your understanding of what differentiated instruction is and isn’t.
- Learn the pillars of differentiated instruction.
- Assess which components of student engagement and motivation would be most valuable to focus upon.
- Understand how multiple intelligences and learning modalities impact student engagement.
Gain tools for promoting positive feelings in the classroom
- Explore ways to bring more of yourself into the classroom.
- Use movement to stimulate positive affect and deepen understanding.
- Learn fun strategies to ask for and respond to student feedback.
Discover strategies for stimulating attention and interest
- Keep students on their toes with a variety of randomization techniques.
- Capture students’ attention and lead them to deeper levels of understanding through specific questioning techniques.
- Rediscover storytelling as a way to draw students into learning.
Design lessons that are high on the “meaningful and relevant” meter
- Guide students to make personal connections to key concepts.
- Use a fresh approach to visual images to stimulate interest and engagement.
- Encourage input from everyone with brainstorming.
Help students build confidence and self-efficacy
- Prepare kids to respond on demand and under pressure.
- Learn safe, fun ways for students to show what they know.
…and much more!